1. Look what I did!!!
I fried two eggs. TWO! By myself. Without breaking them. I've never been able to do that before today. In fact, I'm notorious for breaking them. In fact, my brother Thomas will only eat his fried eggs broken because I once attempted to make him fried eggs when he was a kid and ended up breaking them. I usually end up making scrambled for myself, even though I like fried better, because I just never could make fried correctly. I only ever got to eat fried eggs when in Morgantown with my grandma, like I was last week. I said something about how I can never flip them without breaking them, and my sister Erin told me the secret is to put some water in the pan before you flip them. I did so this evening, and voila! It's like I'm an adult now! Better late than never. I might not be able to make them as good as Mamaw can, but I never say I'm better than anybody else, but I'll be danged if I ain't just as good! (As they say in Oklahoma! The musical. Well maybe they say it in the state too, I couldn't say.)
2. So by saying this I am not trying to invite pity or anything like that (although I would appreciate your prayers), but I'm low on cash at the moment due to my return to school, so I've tried to make some cut backs. One area is in cable. I tried to cut if off altogether, but due to the fact I need the internet for school I ended up keeping some channels (sounds weird, long story). Basically I get the basic cable channels: NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS. Which limits what I can watch in the summer to things like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. But you know what? It's okay. When I was with my grandparents last week I watched NBC Nightly News every night, followed by Wheel and Jeopardy. Which I did at home by myself tonight. Oh and now I'm watching Celebrity Game Night. Who knew this was so fun? It's like living in the old days again where you only had like 8 channels.
3. Along those same lines of being poor, (Help me, I'm poor.) I have been worrying a LOT lately about how I'm going to make enough money to pay my bills. I really feel called by God to be a teacher, so I'm going back to school full-time. I have a part-time job (20 hours/week) this summer, and hope to get a 20/hour a week graduate assistant job starting August 1 also. (I have an interview on Monday!) I'm not sure I can go to school full-time and work 40 hours sometime between Monday and Friday also, but I'm trying to do all I can. The last thing I want to do is ask my (incredibly giving) parents for help, so I've been pretty stressed. Today I saw this on a friend's Facebook page:
I really appreciated seeing it. Like I said, I feel called by God to be a teacher, but if He's really calling me, then why would He be like "Anna, I need you to be a teacher. No clue how you're going to pay for it or pay your bills in the interim, but, yeah, okay, thanks, and I'll see you on the other side!" No.
4. My buddy (Heavenly helper/saint in training/whatever you want to call him) Fulton Sheen is one step closer to sainthood!
5. A. MEN.
6. As I mentioned on Instagram last night, I describe this face as dubious. Like the Tim Gunn of rabbits:
7. Speaking of Snicks, this time next week he'll be visiting my friend Jerica's church for their Vacation Bible School. He's done some things like this before and is usually very good about letting little kids pet him and things like that. He's boring, as we know, but he's sweet and soft and somewhat of a novelty. Should be fun!
Have a great weekend!