It's an actual old-fashioned pocket watch necklace! How awesome. Best part, as I'm sure you can see, is the little rabbit charm attached. I'm wearing this today and I love it.
2. Speaking of rabbits, I'm not sure I've mentioned this before but I love baby Snicks. In fact, I think it goes a little beyond love and into obsession. I am obsessed with Snicks. I worry about him constantly and if he's got enough love, food, water, attention, exercise, etc. I've been house sitting for a friend this week which means I haven't been home to spend time with Snicks as much as I'd like. I literally cried about it the other night. I'm just lying there watching Lochte vs. Phelps with the soundtrack to their swimming sounding a bit like: SNICKS WILL THINK I'VE MOVED OUT AND HE'LL FORGET I'M HIS MAMA AND HE WON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE AND HE'LL JUST DIE OF UNHAPPINESS. I just tried to eat my salad for lunch and I just COULD NOT BE-LIEVE that I could selfishly eat my salad whilst Snicks was home alone for going on hour #16 and WHAT IF HE IS STARVING TO DEATH?! (Never mind I visited with him yesterday around 6 p.m. and provided him more food than he'll ever need in a day.) I just can't stand it sometimes. I wish I could put him in a little pouch and bring him everywhere I go. (Which he'd hate.) I am such a mega-weirdo and I can hear myself saying these things, thinking ANNA STOP but I just can't help it. Look at that face:
3. I have to mention that I LOVE seeing Mary Lou Retton all over the Olympic games. Mary Lou is just a regular gal from West Virginia just like myself! Except she has an Olympic gold medal. And I don't. She's just a regular gal from West Virginia with an Olympic Gold medal -- and I'm from West Virginia too! :)
4. You know what are not cool? Mosquitoes. They bite you and then you itch and stuff. What's the deal with that?
5. As I complain about that, I am bringing up a mental picture of something I saw on Kate's blog The Rhodes Log yesterday. Seriously I saw this photo, and stared it at for no less than five minutes while my brain tried to process what I was seeing. No joke. I clicked away, and then I went right back and stared for another few minutes. If you are brave, and have about an hour to spare for your brain to comprehend what you are seeing, then click here. And remember -- what you're seeing was IN SOMEONE'S HOUSE.
6. I've been thinking a lot lately about what this blog is "about." (Those of you who read are probably like "Why is she wondering about that? The answer is NOTHING.") I mean I don't really have insights to share on marriage or raising children, I'm not funny and witty like Jenna and I'm not on some cool life adventure to chronicle. However, I will say that Jen directed my attention to a new column on the National Catholic Register the other day that made me do a lot of thinking, and I am organizing my thoughts for a possible future post.
7. What's the haps this weekend for everyone? I am finishing my house sitting, cleaning my apartment which is in desperate need of a good dusting, vacuuming, laundry doing and rabbit-cuddling and finalizing some things at my dance studio. Have a great one! :)
Go see Jen for cooler stuff.