1. Do you ever have a day when it seems like no matter how hard you try you just can't seem to get one darn thing done? Yesterday was kind of like that. I was at work all day, I taught the little kids at ballet -- why was I not accomplishing anything? Then I realized... I had had the following conversation with my sister Erin. (I'm in green, she's in white. Backstory: she had driven us to WalMart the previous day where I purchased litter for my rabbit, as well as two boxes of candy.)
No wonder I got nothing accomplished yesterday. This consumed a lot of my day.
2. This picture makes me so happy, and I mean that with absolutely no sarcasm:
I LOVE TO CLEAN. I am aware that I am one of those incredibly odd people (probably not just because of my love of cleaning either.) My mom will talk about how she wishes she had a maid, and I'm like "WHY?!?" Why would you give that opportunity to someone else? I love cleaning... I love how I feel when I'm doing it and I love how I feel when I'm done. The Flylady thing my mom got into for a while? Once again, why? Who wants to clean for 15 minutes and TAKE A BREAK when you could just power through and keep on cleaning?
3. Lest you think I am a major wackadoodle (not far from the truth, I'm sure) I absolutely cannot stand to do laundry. I have determined this is because there is no instant gratifcation with it. First you have to sort it, then do one load in the washer, then move that load to the dryer or the drying rack, then put in another load, then when the first load is dry you have to fold it or put it on hangers and THEN you have to put it away. Who made up this barbaric and inane system? It takes like three days to do one load! GAH!
4. I am so excited because my best friend/co-dance teacher Melissa and I are hosting a sleepover for our middle and high school students at the dance studio tonight. We thought it would be a nice way for them to hang out and socialize and a fun thing to do in the summer. I don't know what we're getting ourselves into with 15 or so teens and pre-teens, but all our girls are great, so I know we'll have fun!
5. In preparation for the sleepover I made a playlist so we could have a dance party. I put out an all-call to the girls on Facebook asking them to name some of their favorite songs so I could include them. I got answers like:
Call me maybe, what makes you beautiful, boyfriend, brokenhearted, one thing, put your hearts up, single ladies, moves like jagger, lights, Price Tag, Wild Ones, Somebody That I Used To Know, Sexy And I know it, starships, stronger.. Ummm and I think that's it! Lol
Um, what? What the crap are half these songs? I must be older than I think. I spent the evening texting Melissa like "What is 'Lights'? Have you ever heard of this?" She hadn't. I spent a lot of time Googling and hoping for the best.
6. For Melissa and me, I included such gems as Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl" and Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" as I feel it is our duty to educate the girls in classic tunes!
7. On a serious note, I have a few close family members with some health problems and would really appreciate any and all prayers for their healing. Thank you so much!
Go see Jen for more awesome takes!